Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Notice of Collektr (also known as “Collektr Sdn. Bhd.”)
1. Collektr (also known as "Collektr Sdn. Bhd.") PDPA Statement on Personal Data Protection Act 2010
This PDPA Statement sets out how Collektr (also known as "Collektr Sdn. Bhd.") and its related companies collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA") and the laws of Malaysia.
2. What This PDPA Statement Explains
The aim of this PDPA Statement is to explain to you the kind of personal information that we may gather from you when you visit our website(s) and/or register an account on Collektr and how such personal information is gathered, processed, stored, used, disclosed and/or transferred. This PDPA Statement details your right to access and correct your personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that can identify a person either directly or indirectly. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you, such as your Name, Address, Identity Card/Passport Number, Contact Details, Email Addresses, Business Registration Name, and/or Business Registration Number. It may encompass any other personal identifiable information that you may disclose to us. For the purposes of this PDPA Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature.
3. What Kind Of Personal Information Are Collected
In order for us to provide you with our Products and/or Services, we need to collect relevant personal information from you and it may include the following (but not limited to):
- Account registration: Name, Email, Address, City, Country, Mobile Number, Business Name and Registration Number (if applicable)
- Purchase and/or transaction on the Website: All account registration information listed above, Mobile Number of Person in Charge (if different than the information above), Delivery Address (if different than the information above), Payment Methodology such as Credit Card and Bank Account details,
4. The Source of Personal Information
Personal information may come from three sources of information:
- It may be obtained directly from you directly on the Website. For example, personal information provided during account registration
- It may be obtained from you at an event, function or other face-to-face communication. For example, personal information collected to provide an in-person service.
- It may be obtained legitimately from third parties or other service providers to which you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information.
5. When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you in the following methods (but not limited to):
- Communicate with us through the Website, email or social media
- Register or subscribe to our newsletters
- Participate in any of our surveys, competitions, contests or loyalty programs
- Register interest and/or request for information
- Respond to any marketing materials
- Commence a business relationship with us
- Visit and/or browse our Website
- Visit and/or browse our social media
- Lodge a complaint or provide feedback to us
We may obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions).
We may also obtain your personal information from other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?
In certain situations, the provision of personal information is compulsory to enable us to process your request for our product and/or services. Any failure of you to provide us with required information may necessitate the rejection of your request for want of information. In such circumstances, we reserve our right to reject your request without providing you any reason(s) whatsoever.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
We do not sell or disclose your information in an unauthorized manner to any third parties. Your information is used strictly for the following purposes:
- Verify your identity;
- Verify your eligibility to register as a user of the Website;
- Process your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Website;
- Maintaining and managing your registration as a user;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with customer service and respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- Facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Website;
- Perform research or statistical analysis in order to improve the Website;
- Improve our product offerings and services;
- Marketing and promotional purposes;
- Provide our products and services to you;
- Notify you of any changes to our terms and conditions or the products and services offered to you;
- Inform you of products and services which may be of interest to you including information about products and services offered by our affiliated companies
- and selected third-party partners;
- Maintain records as part of our business or other purposes in so far as is permitted by the law; and
- Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us.
Subject to obtaining your consent under the applicable law, we may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address and fax number (“Marketing Data”) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on the Website from time to time to members of the Website.
If you voluntarily submit any information to the Website for publication on the Website including but not limited to, Company Profile and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Website (“Voluntary Information”).
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
In accordance with this PDPA Statement and except as permitted or required under any enactment, law, statute or regulation, we will not use or disclose your personal information without any prior consent.
8. Direct Marketing
If you have given us your personal information, you may receive communication containing promotional materials. If you do not wish to receive them, please contact us at [email protected].
9. Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal Information
If your information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, we will grant you access to your personal information.
You may make a request to us by contacting us directly at [email protected].
We will endeavor to comply with your request to access and/or make all reasonable corrections to your personal information within 21 days upon receipt of your request. Please note that a processing fee may or may not be applicable to comply with your request.
10. Your Obligations
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself (e.g. personal information) and updating this information as and when it becomes inaccurate, outdated or incomplete by contacting Collektr.
We collect information about your visit to our Website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies identify a specific computer and not the specific user. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our Website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
12. Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this PDPA Statement applies solely to Collektr (also known as "Collektr Sdn. Bhd.") and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from the Website. To determine how third parties deal with your personal information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
13. Updates to Our PDPA Statement
We reserve the right to amend this PDPA Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and override all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our Website regularly for additional information on our most up-to-date policies and practices that may be applicable to you.
14. Our Contact Details
Please contact us at [email protected] for any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to this PDPA Statement.